We are currently seeking a high initiative, detail oriented individual with boating experience and strong English language skills to review product data and create content for our high volume boating supply eCommerce website. Content must be presented specifically from an experienced boater’s perspective. The Web Content Editor will work on a variety of projects involved in building and maintaining web pages, developing and performing data quality checks, and performing systematic content reviews. Other areas of involvement include overall navigational flow, layout of specific pages and creation of individual graphic elements.
This position uses Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office and SharePoint daily. Must have experience with some or all of these programs or similar applications. This position uses HTML/CSS for web design. If applicant has not worked with HTML/CSS, past programming, macro development, or excel formula and pivot table experience is required.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Webpage design and content
- Print and Web graphics
- Product content, editing, proofing, corrections, refresh and maintenance
- Print and Web advertising design and textual content
- Advertising project management including scheduling, tracking and follow up
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB SKILLS
- Trade or college level Web graphic training in HTML/CSS, Dreamweaver (or equivalent) and Photoshop.
- Without formal training: 2 years related on the job experience; must be able to demonstrate an understanding of Web design and the mechanics for executing that design.
- Experience with product promotion, marketing and sales of boating products will be helpful.
- Must be highly organized and possess ability to work with multiple internal customers and projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Ability to work self-directed is absolutely required
- Applicants must be prepared to provide examples of past creative work.
Defender Employees enjoy a broad benefit package including Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, paid vacation and holidays, and very generous Employee Merchandise Discounts. If you take pride in your work and enjoy a fast-paced and pleasant environment where the focus on Customers begins with delivering honesty and real value to serious boaters, please submit your resume for further consideration.
Job Type: Full-time